2021 Tournament Rules
- This is an USA sanctioned tournament. BATS must be USA approved.
- UMPIRES’ DECISIONS ARE FINAL. No protests.
- The HOME team is the official scorekeeper.
- TIME LIMIT: 7 innings or 1 hour and 15 minutes. Time limit will be in effect for all games except the Championship Game for 14’s, 16’s and 18’s in the A division only
- Pool games can end in a tie if time is expired or 7 complete innings have been played.
- Coin flip 5 minutes before game determines HOME team.
- Pool games can end in tie. Tiebreaker rule will be used in tournament play.
- RUN RULE: 12 after 3, 10 after 4, and 8 after 5 innings of play. Run Rule is in effect for Championship games as well.
- THE WINNING TEAM is responsible for notifying Tournament Headquarters of final score immediately after the game.
- Coaches must check bracket boards and maintain contact with Tournament Headquarters in case of time changes.
- COURTESY RUNNER - USA Softball rules apply.
- Saturday’s pool play results will determine seeding into Sunday’s single elimination tournament. In the event of a tie in pool, seeding will be based of the following
- Win/Loss Record
- Head to head score
- Runs allowed
- Coin flip (Only games in your pool count in seeding.)
- In case of rain, tournament director may change the format and/or number of games in order to complete the tournament. If NO games are played, all but $75 of the entry fee will be refunded.
- Have your FIRST AID KITS available in the dugout when playing games.
- Please clean up your dugout after each game.
- Winners of each division will receive medals.
- Please send your roster information with your team name, coaches, players with uniform numbers. If you do not have this information at the time of registration, please send it as soon as it is available.
- Pick-up players are allowed as along as they are registered and are age appropriate for the division in which they will be playing.
- Game balls are provided.
- Concessions and Tournament T-Shirts will be available.
- PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED AT THE COMPLEX.
Rule 4: Players, Coaches, Substitutes
- Section 1 - Players
C. A team shall consist of players in the following positions:
- Fast Pitch
- Fast Pitch with Nine players: Pitcher, catcher, first baseman, second baseman, third baseman, shortstop, left fielder, center fielder and right fielder.
- Fast Pitch with designated player and flex: 10 Players with nine batting.
- Fast Pitch Junior Olympic Pool Play Only: When batting up to all roster players, any additional batter(s) shall be listed as an EP and may be listed anywhere in the batting order and may play defense at any position.
- Fast Pitch
Rule 8: Batter-Runner and Runner
- Section 10 - Courtesy Runners
A. The team at bat may use a courtesy runner:
- For the pitcher and/or the catcher providing the pitcher or catcher bats for themselves and reaches base safely.
- Neither the pitcher nor the catcher will be required to leave the game under such circumstances.
- The same courtesy runner may not run for both the pitcher and catcher at any time during the game.
- Defensive changes involving the pitcher or catcher must be reported to the umpire to ensure the correct player may have a courtesy runner.